Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Art in a Deeper Post

   In this painting of Frida Kahlo on the border of Mexico and American, it tells me that she feels in between the choice of home & a better life. It is as if she doesn't know which way to go. But it shows the difference between America's industrialization and Mexico's rural country side with the old temple in the background. She also gives hints of she is toward Mexico a little more because her arms are crossed with the Mexican flag facing Mexico.
   She may be toward Mexico because there is the flag as said before and she is wearing a dress that would look Hispanic rather than an American dress. Another thing is that her head is facing Mexico and the cigarette in her hand is toward America which can show that America is industrialized and polluting. But in several Frida Kahlo portraits, she has a cigarette in one hand but it may be toward America completely intentional.
    I can't personally connect with this exactly but I feel the same way with Poland. When ever I go there, I fun a lot of fun but yet, it is all planned. If I lived there, I wouldn't have nearly as much fun I would have in the states with friends. So reality is that if I was living in America, my life would be better. Frida Kohla spent a good time in the states because of this reason.



http://www.wikigallery.org/wiki/painting_299334/Frida-Kahlo/Self-Portrait-On-The-Borderline-Between-Mexico-And-The-United-States-1932

2 comments:

  1. Adam, I see that you used the picture example from class. Even though you used ideas other people said, I like how you added a personal connection between you living here and in poland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great writing. I like how you really broke down all of the small details in the painting and unpacked them. After this you did a good job of putting the details all together to create a big idea/theme of the book. Great Work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete